Thursday, February 7, 2013

RED Hot Romance!


Hello and Happy Thursday! It's Challenge 99 over at the Art Impressions Blog today, and the challenge is "Red Hot Romance", use Red in your Project. I chose this super sweet Ai stamp called "Fur-Ever Set", SKU# 4220. My card is a regular size A card (4-1/4" x 5-1/2"). I based the background of my card from a beautiful card by Karen Barber at Splitcoast Stampers. I embossed the red cardstock with a Stampin Up! embossing folder (Fan), and then used another Stampin Up! embossing folder on the kraft panel (weave). I used a pretty border die cut (MFT) on the edges.


Here is a close up of the front. I colored in my sweet image with Copic markers, die cut out the image with a Spellbinders circle die, and distressed the edge lightly with tea dye distress ink. I layered the colored image onto a black circle die cut. I love the look of white, red, black and kraft together. I added two black crystals and a small heart that I punched out of red cardstock.  I also added some black grosgrain ribbon to tie in more black to my card.


On the inside I stamped the cute and simple sentiment "Hi Valentine", SKU# G4007. I punched out a heart in red cardstock and added it above the sentiment. I think I'm going to make a batch of these cute valentine's for my family, since we are all animal lovers! 
 Please stop by the Art Impressions Blog to see what the other Design Team members made for this fun challenge. Won't you play along with us? You could win a certificate for $10.00 in the Ai online store. Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Kerry said...

Totally awesome, great layout and the details! Fabulous job my friend!

Anonymous said...

Love your card and great coloring , I need these two fur babies ..thx for sharing .