Thursday, February 14, 2013

Show me the love... hearts challenge!


Hello friends and Happy Valentine's Day!  It's Challenge 100 over at the Art Impressions Blog today, and today's challenge is to use "Hearts" in our card. I LOVED this challenge! I've always wanted to die cut out a heart shaped card, and here was my chance to try it! I can see I'm going to do this more in the future! I used the Framelits - Hearts die cuts from Stampin Up! (the largest heart that is scalloped). I decided to use the new 2013 Ai Valentine's stamp called Tina, SKU# 4215. Such a fun stamp! I colored her in with Copic markers, fussy cut her out, and popped her up on 3-D foam tape.

  

I die cut some cute Valentine's Day designer paper from Love Note by Fancy Pants 6" x 6" paper pad, and sewed them onto the front of the red scalloped hearts die cut cardstock. I die cut a strip of pinked border to add a little something between the two designs. Then I layered my colored Tina image onto the top.


For the inside of my card I die cut a heart from white cardstock, and stamped the matching sentiment from the Ai Tina set. I really like how this valentine's day card turned out.  It was so fun to make. I hope you can stop by the Art Impressions blog to see what the other Design Team members come up with for this fun challenge. Won't you play along with us? You could win a $10.00 certificate for Ai stamps! Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: