Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Happy Birthday Card


Happy 45th Birthday to me sweet niece Stacy! I made her this poppy watercolor card using a Tim Holtz flower stamp set. I totally fell in love with his tag that he made on his blog for his April 2015 tag post. I knew I had to have that stamp set and buy some assorted distress markers to try out the technique he used. For this card, I first stamped my image on watercolor card stock and let it dry, then sprayed some plain water with a fine mist sprayer onto the stamped card stock. Then I immediately sprayed on some broken china blue distress ink stain spray, then sprayed some more plain water onto that while it was still wet. Then I took some paper towels and picked up the excess water. Let the card stock dry completely before coloring the poppy and stems with distress markers. Then after I put a few lines of color in the flower image, I used a water color brush to move the distress marker ink around and give the image a watercolor effect.
You can see Tim's tutorial on watercoloring here. I love his technique and the tag he created! My niece Stacy who I made this birthday card for,  absolutely loves everything Tim Holtz and is a fellow artist, so I had to make her a card using Tim's products. My card is 5-1/2" x5-1/2".


Here are the distress items I used to make the birthday card. 

Here are a list of all the products I used to make this card:
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz collection Flower Garden CMS215 stamp set / Black Archival Ink Pad / Taylored Expressions 4.5 x 5.75" Dotted Lattice embossing folder / Neenah Solar White cardstock / watercolor cardstock / Stampin Up! Real Red cardstock / black and white chevron designer paper / Broken China Spray Stain /  Distress markers: Abandoned Coral, Worn Lipstick, Crushed Olive, Black Soot / Vintage Photo distress ink pad and distress ink sponge / fine mist spray bottle filled with water / My Favorite Things Dynamic Sentiment Strip Dies / Hero Arts Happy Birthday stamp / Black crystal jewels.

Hope you enjoyed this creation. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: