Monday, January 23, 2012

Chickens bearing gifts...


This is my very first post on my new blog. A bit exciting for me. I have always loved art and to draw and color since childhood. I  took art classes in junior high and high school, and I majored in art in college. I attended my first Stampin Up! party at my niece's house in 1992, and have been hooked ever since. I also love scrapbooking, taking photos, watercolor painting and drawing. I love going to retreats and Scrapfest at Mall of America with my nieces.

This is a card I made for my sweet niece Stacy for her birthday (the same one who introduced me to stamping). She raises chickens, and loves everything chickens and roosters.  The coloring was done with Prisma colored pencils and gamsol.

Card materials:
Stamps:  Three chickens: Penny Black; HB: Stampin Up!.
Cardstock:  white cardstock: Neetah white; orange and teal cardstock: Stampin Up!; Designer paper: My Minds Eye-Stella Rose (Mabel) 6x6 pad; cream twine: Paper Trey Ink; Brown flower button brad: Deja Views; Sewing machine: Sears Kenmore (I love it); thread: white.
Ink:  Memento black; Tea Dye Ranger distress ink.

No comments: