Friday, January 27, 2012

Purple Iris

A dreary day here in southern Minnesota today, but on the plus side we are supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow. I love snow, but this is an unusual winter here for us, hardly any snow and warm. It was a balmy 36 above zero yesterday and sunny. My husband went to Michigan with his brothers for a snowmobile trip this weekend... had to go where the snow is! This means I will be making some cards and a few scrapbook pages this weekend. A quiet and laid back weekend, just the three dogs and me.  :)
This is a sympathy card I made recently. I really love this stamp set from Stampin Up!, its beautiful and it comes with two sentiments that are touching (I used one on the outside and one on the inside).

Card materials:
Stamps: Love and Sympathy: Stampin Up!
Cardstock: Purple: (retired) Stampin Up!, Old Olive: Stampin Up!; White: Neetah; Designer paper: Basic Grey 6x6 paper pack.
Ink: Black: Memento; Shadow sage marker and purple marker (both retired colors from Stampin Up!); Antique distress ink: Ranger; White silk ribbon and cream twine: Paper Trey Ink. Purple buttons: unknown (just had them in my button jar).

No comments: