Sunday, June 3, 2012

Spring and Summer...


Just finished up this page of our granddaughter. Its an Easter page complete with "curly curls", and a "Sunday best" dress. She is so adorable! Our granddaughter just loves butterflies, so I use them a lot in the scrapbook I am making for her. Here is a close-up of the page:


I love sewing on my scrapbook pages! It adds so much. Since I took the "Scrapbook Stamping" class at Two Peas in a bucket.com, I have been trying to include stamping on every page I make now. The butterfly stamps have matching dies. I LOVE those. I love layering on pages too. I get so much inspiration from taking on-line classes. You never have to leave home either! All this internet technology is amazing and is really wonderful for people like me who live out in the middle of farming country and have no access to stores/classes near by. So it works well for me to take on-line classes. I love it that most of them are self-paced too. Since I am a slow scrapper, that works best for me.  :)
Materials used:
Stamps: Butterfly, butterfly dies and oval label dies: PaperTrey Ink; EASTER word stamps:  Stepping Stone Alpha stamps: Hero art co-branded with Studio Calico (now available for sale at heroarts.com); Ink: Marine Blue, pink and green (wild wasabi) by Stampin Up!; Yellow (Harvest Gold) by PaperTrey Ink; Tea Dye distress ink by Tim Holtz/Ranger; Pink sewn ribbon: Stampin Up!; Yellow (lemon yellow) cardstock: PaperTrey Ink; Green (wild wasabi) cardstock: Stampin Up!; Designer paper: Little Yellow Bicycle; Pink buttons: my stash; cream twine: Papertrey Ink; die cut machine: Cuttlebug by Provocraft; sewing machine: Kenmore. 
Thanks for stopping by! 


1 comment:

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a sweet page! I love the butterflies and spring colors! Each post I look at on your blog is so beautiful! I am off to subscribe! Thanks for your lovely note on my blog! :) Jill