Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ai Challenge #87 "Fringe"


Hello and happy Thursday! It's Challenge #87 over at the Ai blog today, and today's challenge is to use a "Fringe" in your card. I looked up fringe in the dictionary, and definition number one said: 1) something with a decorative border with hanging strings; 2) Something that resembles a border or edging. I didn't have an actual string fringe, but I did have a pleated ribbon that I could use as a border or edging fringe. So for my fringe card I decided to use the cute and fabulous Ai Sewing Shoppe stamp set SKU# 3514. It's from the Ai Shoppe Windows stamp sets. I picked this set because I love to sew, and I love to sew on my papercrafts as you can see. I thought the window image would be perfect for a fringe! I really like how the pleated fringe turned out for the window. I colored the images in with my copic markers. The card size is a standard A2 size (4-1/4" x 5-1/2"). The base is kraft cardstock, then a layer of designer paper. Then I mounted my stamped and colored image onto a larger piece of kraft paper, sewed them together and mounted it over the main base with 3D foam tape. On each piece of cardstock/designer paper I have distressed the edge with Tea Dye distress ink.


Here is a close up of the window with it's pleaded fringe. Love the bolts of fabric showing in the shoppe window.


For the inside of my card, I stamped a wonderful sentiment that comes with the Sewing Shoppe Set SKU# 3514. I added the cute sewing machine image on the lower right corner as well, and colored it in with copic markers. I used a black marker and made "faux stitch lines" all around the edges for the final touches.
I hope you enjoy the card I created. Please stop by the Ai Blog and see what the other fabulous design team members have come up with for Challenge #87. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
Materials used: Stamps: Sewing Shoppe SKU# 3514; kraft cardstock: PTI; white cardstock: Neenah Solar White; designer paper: SU! 6x6 pad (2010-2011 catalog); black ink: Memento; Tea Dye Distress Ink: Tim Holtz/Ranger; red pleated ribbon: LSS Fond Memories; Copic Markers; picking shears; black pen/marker: American Crafts; sewing machine: Kenmore; white thread.

No comments: