Thursday, September 6, 2012

Art Impressions Thursday Challenge


Hello! This my first post as a design team member of Art Impressions (Ai)! I am so excited to be a part of this incredibly talented team! I just LOVE the humorous and cute images from Art Impressions. I found out about them in August at my local scrapbook and stamp store (Fond Memories) in Walnut Grove, MN, while shopping with my nieces. I look forward to bringing you cards made with Ai images for the next six (6) months. My day to post on the Ai blog is Fridays. Please check out their blog to see their fabulous stamps, and all the other wonderful designers.


Thursdays are "weekly challenge" days at Art Impressions. This weeks challenge is to use "Office or School Supplies".  I've had this super fun image from Ai in my stamp drawer (I forgot I had her!) I thought she was perfect for this weeks theme... I thought she kinda looks like an executive assistant/secretary. So I built my card around "the theme of the office" and what supplies a secretary would use. I had this great tab file die, a small binder clip, a paper clip and staples. The card size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2". I used designer paper from My Minds Eye, "Mischievous" collection, which had an image of old vintage typewriter keys, or adding machine keys. Thought they fit right in.  I used my sewing machine for some cute details. I colored her in with my Prisma Color pencils and gamsol, blending with paper stumps. 

Materials used: Stamp: Eunice (K1619) http://www.artimpressions.com/Product.asp?Sku=K1619
Kraft cardstock (PTI); white cardstock (Neenah); Peach Parfait cardstock (Stampin Up!); Designer paper: My Minds Eye (Mischievous collection); Peach Parfait ribbon (SU!) Tab File die (PTI); Small binder clip and tiny stapler/staples (Tim Holtz); Black ink (Memento) Tea Dye Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger); Prisma Color pencils; Gamsol; paper stumps; Paper clip and buttons from my stash; sewing machine (Kenmore).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your card : ) Looks like a school teacher I had ..lol