Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Child's Birthday Card - Challenge 84


Happy Thursday! It's challenge #84 over at the Art Impressions Blog, and this week's challenge is to make a "Child's Birthday Card". I really LOVED making this one! It was tons of fun to make and color. I started out with a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" kraft cardstock base. Next, I layered on some Cherry Cobbler red, and then layered on some fun birthday designer paper. I distressed the edges with Tea dye ink, and sewed the layers onto the kraft cardstock base. I stamped my birthday cake SKU# K3126 on white cardstock using black ink, and colored it in with my Prisma Color pencils, gamsol and paper stumps. I layered it on top of a long scalloped rectangle die cut. For the balloons, I cut them with my Cricut machine, using "Birthday Bash" cartridge (using real size dial at 1-3/4"). I tied the balloon ends with twine. I stamped the candles SKU# J2847 with yellow, green, red, and light blue ink. Then I went over the colors with diamond stickles, to give it some glitter goodness. Once dry I cut the candles out. I popped up the cake, balloons, and candles all on 3D foam tape. Here is a close up of my card:


The inside of my card is stamped with a cute and simple Happy Birthday script greeting SKU# G963


Well that's it for me today. I hope you enjoyed the card I created. Please stop by the Art Impressions Blog and see what the other fabulous Ai design team members have come up with, and play along with us won't you! Thanks for stopping by.
Materials used:
(All stamps by Art Impressions)
Birthday Cake: SKU# K3126 
Candles: SKU# J2847
Happy Birthday Script: SKU #G963
Kraft (PTI), Cherry Cobbler, Green and yellow (SU!), White (Neenah) cardstock; Designer paper: Simple Stories "Happy Day" 6"x6" paper pad; Black ink: Memento; Tea Dye Distress Ink (Tim Holtz/Ranger); Twine: MFT; Diamond Stickles; sewing machine and white thread.

No comments: