Thursday, October 25, 2012

Challenge 86: "Use a Scary Texture!"


Hello there! It's Thursday, and that means it's Challenge 86 over at the Ai blog today! For this week's challenge, we are to use "A Scary Texture" in our card/project. I chose to use the cutest Halloween stamp ever from Art Impressions (Ai) called "Halloween Pumpkins", SKU# T3614. I LOVE this image, it's so cute and so fun to color! For the "Scary Texture", I found this neat spider web die and dangling spider die by Memory Box, at my local Scrapbook Store in Walnut Grove, MN (Fond Memories). I think it makes a neat background for any kind of Halloween card. The web is die cut from a silver metallic cardstock. The spider is cut from regular black cardstock. I added some black "Stickles" that has some glitter in it on the spider, but you really can't see the glitter in the photo. I popped the spider and the Ai colored pumpkins image up on foam tape to give it a little dimension.


Here is a close up so you can see how I colored that cute image in with Copic markers. The spider web die is very intricate, and I love the fancy label like edge that is all around the die cut. Makes it a little elegant as far as spider webs go!  (Grin)  Doesn't that spider look scary or what! You can see just a little of the glitter in the close up photo.


For the inside of my Halloween card, I stamped a simple "Happy Halloween!" sentiment SKU# G1116,  also from Ai stamps.
I think my card turned out cute. Although I must admit, it was outside of my comfort zone! Not used to making a "Scary Texture", so it was a great challenge for me! Please stop by the Ai Blog and see what the other fabulous design team members have created for this weeks "Scary Texture" challenge. We would LOVE it if you played along with us too!!! You even might win a $10.00 Ai coupon!
Thanks for stopping by!
Materials used: (All stamps by Ai) Halloween Pumpkins: SKU# T3614, Happy Halloween sentiment: SKU# G1116, Black ink: Memento; Tea Dye Distress ink: Tim Holtsz/Ranger; Black and orange cardstock: Stampin Up! white cardstock: Neenah Solar white; silver metallic cardstock: LSS; Copic markers; black Stickles: LSS; 3M foam tape; designer paper: Matilda Mini  deck 6"x6" paper pad by Cosmo Cricket; Spider Web Frame Die and Dangling Spider die: Memory Box (bought at LSS Fond Memories in Walnut Grove, MN).

No comments: