Thursday, October 18, 2012

For your little Princess


Happy Thursday! It's Challenge #85 at the Art Impressions Blog today. The theme for today's challenge is to "create a card using cash". For my card, I chose to use a really cute Ai stamp from the Card Keepers collection called Elephant Keeper SKU# UM4073. What I love about this card is that you can use it for a giving a gift card, or for giving CASH. You just stamp the elephant image onto your white cardstock, and then with a craft knife, carefully cut a slit around the top of the bow image, and at the bottom of the bow (leaving the sides un-cut). Then you cut a slit at the top of the box next to the elephant, and part of the elephants ear. Instructions on how to cut, come with this cute Elephant stamp, and all of the Card Keepers/Cash Keepers stamps. My light Apricot card base size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2", layered with Groovy Guava CS, and tan striped designer paper. My card keeper elephant image is stamped on white cardstock, then I sewed all the layers to the cardstock base.


Here is a close-up of my card. I paper pieced the bow and the gift card holder box with designer paper. You can see the cut slit above the bow line, and below the bow line, so you can easily slide your cash or gift card in. I really love this concept! I stamped the elephant a second time on white cardstock, and colored  him in with copic markers, then I colored his peach colored tummy and peach color bow with Prisma Color pencils. (I colored his bow and tummy in with peach colored pencils because I wanted to best match the designer paper colors, and I didn't have peach copic colors. There is a reason to my madness.) I cut him out, then I outlined his image with a black marker to make him stand out a little better. Then I popped him up on foam tape. I die cut two nesting ovals in white and Groovy Guava (peach), and stamped the white oval with "For your little princess" with a coordinating stamp that comes with the Elephant Keeper SKU# UM4073 set. I added little white half pearls under the sentiment and one pearl on each corner.


For the inside of my card, I stamped a pretty script sentiment "Congratulations" SKU# G959, also from Art Impressions. I bought this stamp several years ago, I LOVE this versatile stamp!
I hope you have enjoyed my cash keepers card. Please stop by and visit the Art Impressions Blog to see what the other fabulous Ai team members have created. Please play along with us! You could  win a $10.00 gift certificate for entering your card.

Materials used: Elephant stamp set: Elephant Keeper SKU# UM4073, Congratulations: SKU# G959; Apricot cardstock, Groovy Guava cardstock: Stampin Up!; white cardstock: Neenah; designer paper: Follow Your Heart, "Be Happy" collection by My Minds Eye, 6"x6" paper pad; Black ink: Memento; Tea Dye Distress Ink by Tim Holtz/Ranger; Groovy Guava ink: SU! oval dies: Spellbinders; corner punch: Marvy/Utchita; border punch: Martha Stewart Crafts; Peach Prisma Color Pencils; Gamsol, paper stumps, grey Copic Markers: W-1, W-3, W-5; sewing machine, white thread.

No comments: