Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ai Challenge #83: Pink for National Breast Cancer Awareness


Hello, and happy Thursday! It's Challenge #83 over at the Ai blog today.
Today's challenge is to use the color "Pink" for National Breast Cancer Awareness. For my card I used a fabulous girlfriends stamp set  SKU# 3576. Isn't it a FUN image or what? I love it, and so fun to color! I started my card with a 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" cream base, distressed the edges with Tea Dye Distress ink (I distressed all my edges with Tea Dye ink). Then cut a slightly smaller piece of designer paper (that is pink of course) and layered that over the cream base. I stitched the edges around the designer paper with my sewing machine with white thread. Then added a strip of kraft cardstock, matching designer paper, and die cut a pink scallop border, and  sewed those layers together. I used three more dies for the main stamped image. For the finishing touches I stamped and colored my fun girlfriends image in with my Prisma Color pencils, blended the colors with gamsol and paper stumps. I popped up each die cut separately on foam dots (I use 3M foam mounting tape), and adhered the stamped banner image. (I think it takes me about 2-3 hours to complete each card, sometimes longer depending on each card).


Here is a close up of my card. (Please click on the picture to get a larger image)
Materials used: Stamps: Ai Girlfriends "Out to Lunch" SKU# 3576; Cream and kraft cardstock: PTI; pink and dark pink cardstock: SU!; Designer paper: My Minds Eye: "Lavender - the sweetest thing" 6"x6" paper pad; Black Memento ink; Tea Dye Distress Ink; scallop border die: PTI; circle and circle lace dies: Spellbinders; banner die: (Fishtail Flag Stax) My Favorite Things Stamps; cream pearls: Hobby Lobby; sewing machine: Kenmore; white thread; Prisma Color Pencils; Gamsol; paper stumps.

Please visit the Ai blog to see what the other fabulous Ai design team members have created for this weeks card challenge. Play along with us, and you might win a $10.00 Ai coupon!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: