Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ai Challenge #96, Vellum!


Hello and Happy Thursday! It's Challenge #96 over at the Ai Blog today, and today's challenge is to use Vellum in your project. I must say that I LOVED this challenge, because I haven't used vellum in such a long time... I mean years... I had a card time finding it buried in all of my supplies!
My kraft card base size is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2". I used a lovely designer paper pad from Glitz called "Yours Truly". Such pretty patterns.  I used one of my favorite Ai Girlfriends stamps, "Out to Lunch" Sku# Q3590.


I used vellum for the scalloped border. I colored some clear Hero Arts crystals with copic markers to match the designer paper. I die cut three each of the flower shapes, layered them a top each other, and put a navy brad into the center of each one. I was able to fluff up the flowers easily by bending them forward. I really like the finished look. I think I just might have to make some more cards with vellum on them this week! Hope you have enjoyed my little creation. Please stop by the Art Impressions Blog to see what the Design Team has come up with. Play along with won't you? You could win a $10.00 Ai certificate for the Ai store!



1 comment:

Kerry said...

AWESOME!!! Love the rich colors!!! Love love love the velium flowers!