Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's in the bag



Hello and happy Thursday! It's Challenge 97 over at the Ai Blog today, and this week's challenge is to "make a paper bag or box". I found a neat bag tutorial on Pinterest. I liked the tutorial because it's made with one sheet of 12" x 12" scrapbook paper. (After my bag was finished I cut the top off about three (3") inches off the top with my paper trimmer, I wanted a shorter bag).
I made my paper bag with some cute Cosmo Cricket paper from my stash (it's older, maybe two years old?). The collection is "Mr. Campy: Nature Walk, Want a Smore?". I thought this paper paired well with the Ai Birthday Whoot Set perfectly! The nice thing about this gift bag is that it could be for a male or female gift. I used some retired Pure Poppy SU! twill ribbon for the handles, to bring out the red leaves in the designer paper pattern. I then chose to layer my cute owl image onto matching red My Favorite Things (Cherry Red) cardstock that I die cut from a large circle Spellbinder die. I stamped my owl image onto cream colored cardstock, die cut him out with a the largest Small circles Spellbinder die, and then I colored the cute owl image with Prisma Color pencils, and used Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits), and blended the colors with paper stumps. I distressed the edges with Tea Dye Distress ink. I popped the image on the bag using foam tape. Then I stamped the coordinating stamp sentiment "happy birthday with owl my love" onto kraft cardstock, rounded the corners with my corner rounder, and used Vintage Distress Ink all around the edges. I adhered the sentiment under the owl image, and my little bag is finished.
I hope you have enjoyed my little gift bag creation. Please stop by the Ai Blog to see what the other Design Team members have created for this fun challenge! Won't you play along with us? You could win a $10.00 certificate for Ai stamps. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: